Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Recovery


Well...I've been gone a long time. I was in the hospital for a week with pneumonia. It was a long week, and I got out the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. After my mom died, I poured myself into work. I was working my full-time job and about 20 hours a week in the evening for a total of about 60 hours a week. Couple that with fitful, restless sleep and eating fast food and it was a recipe for getting sick. I'm a lot better now, and it feels good to be back at work and able to go out without feeling like ass.

The silver lining is that I lost about 15 pounds in the hospital. I had no appetite and hospital food isn't exactly tempting. I have on a pair of pants and a sweater that I haven't been able to wear in over a year. My goal is to not gain any of it back, and to lose a little more until I get to my ideal weight. That's proven a little difficult because I have this HUGE appetite now. Fortunately we stocked the house with healthy snacks and a lot of fruit, which is what I've been eating when I'm hungry for a snack.

Dale was a champ throughout my hospitalization, bringing me food, magazines, and anything else I asked for. Tonight will be my first night back doing Video Relay Service (VRS) interpreting.

Okay...work beckons. Back to it.

No comments: