Sunday, September 27, 2009

Really?

I'm losing weight. And it's easy. And I'm not even really exercising. I'm more active (walks in nice weather, walking a little faster than usual when I can, and sprinting to the gate to which my flight has been changed).

I literally just stopped eating foods that are bad for me and eating correct portions. But really I've changed the way I think about food. Food is sustenance. It's not for pleasure. It's not a social event. And I know that I don't have a sense of moderation, so I choose to abstain from foods that are bad for me.

And the weight is falling off. I'm not at the weight I want to be, but really I just feel like I've licked my weight problem. I'm not in an unhealthy relationship. I've got a great job. I have great friends and family. And I'm happy.

And I don't weigh myself. I know that I get obsessed when I weigh. I just don't care about numbers. I just like that I had to buy new jeans and a couple of shirts.

So there you have it...losing weight is easy. Just find your happy place in life and rethink your relationship with food.

No comments: