Saturday, July 05, 2008

Independence Day


It's turned out to be a good holiday weekend so far. I had to work Thursday evening doing video relay, but the call queue was pretty light. I didn't get to see Red, White and Boom, but maybe next year. Actually I did see a little of them. When I got off on Broad Street, I could see a little them in the distance. I did listen to the soundtrack on WNCI, and I teared up a little bit. Dale's brother Joe is a marine and did two tours in Iraq, but made it home safely. I am so grateful for that, and it pained me to think about all of the men and women who didn't make it home, and how the Fourth of July, which always was so celebratory, now has a very sad undertone.

Today we're going to Costco to get a few things for Dale's family, and then we'll stop by out there and drop it off. And I have GOT to clean my bathroom.

No comments: