Thursday, September 14, 2006

Thursday Thidbits

Company News

I found out this morning that my company is now offering domestic partner benefits. I don't have any deets yet, but it's nice. We are probably one of the largest employers of interpreters, and interpreting is second only to cutting hair as far as gay careers go.



Weekend

Dale is out of town. He's gone to California with his family to visit his brother, who is being deployed to Iraq very soon. So Brody and I are going to be roughing it while he's gone, since Dale is our primary caretaker. :-) I'm actually working on Friday and Saturday, days I don't usually work, and Brody will be in daycare.

Politics

Ann Richards, former Texas governer, has passed away. She was known for her biting wit, open criticism of the "Good Ol' Boy" political system, and scathing message at the 1988 Democratic National Convention. She was an amazing woman who owned her faults and fought to make America a better place. RIP.

No comments: