Monday, September 18, 2006

Weekend Update

Work

I actually did community interpreting this weekend both Friday and Saturday. Friday there were several deaf consumers there, and I got a few compliments and one person asked for my name so s/he could request me in the future. That was a VERY nice feeling, and not one you really get doing Video Relay Services (VRS) work since callers cannot ask for a specific interpreter.

Home

It is boring as hell around here without Dale. Brody was his adorable little self, and he learned something new--he can go downstairs (to the basement) all by himself now! That's not exactly good news, cuz now we have to make sure he doesn't go upstairs or downstairs. I think it's time to invest in those baby gates that keep toddlers away from stairs.

Columbus Drivers

This is a bit off-topic, but it has to be said: Columbus drivers suck ass--big time! Don't believe me? Check this out. Saturday I had to pick up Brody from daycare, and of course it was game day (OSU kicked UC's butt!) Noah's Bark, the daycare we use, is near OSU so they open up their parking lot for $10. Well, they did a piss-poor job managing their parking lot. They left enough room for ONE car to get in or out. Well I was wanting IN and about three or four cars were wanting out. So I sat in the left lane of southbound traffic waiting for both the northbound traffic to clear AND these people coming out of Noah's Bark. Well I must have sat there for 10 minutes. There were several cars behind me. I don't know why they didn't get in the right lane and go around me. What a Buick LeSabre did, though, was just jump straight into the oncoming traffic to pass me on the left. This nearly caused a huge accident, and when the carload of people scooted by me they gave me the finger. Because it was all my fault they started going down the road on the wrong side of the street. Fuckin-A!


No comments: